Monday, December 19, 2011

The delusion that I am communicating


The practice of Mindfulness is not merely navel gazing. What appears to be idle self-obsession to the outside becomes a valuable tool to break away from self-centered conceits. I am at war with myself and, eventually,  my fellow human beings when I don’t practice constructive meditation. That which I thought was a harmless vice becomes another chain that binds my ability to open myself to others. If texting and facebook become the central unifying factor in my life, I am escaping, or diverting myself from, the powerful creative mind that is at the center of my conscious contact with this dynamo within that some call God. The delusion that I am communicating with others, or that I am having meaningful relationships online, is nothing more than a huge blind spot towards any spiritual growth if I spend more than 15 minutes a day on it.


  geo, 4,569

No comments:

Post a Comment