Sunday, December 4, 2011

Spiritual Inclusiveness


I sometimes harbor the bias that my idea of a Higher Power is superior to many others. I.e.; when a Christian insists that Jesus is his/her savior, I can suppose that these people have a childish concept of God, although it was good enough for them, I can assume that mine is a better grasp of the deity. When I become irritated that they should be so narrow I can snap my judgment back and realize that I fall into the trap that true believers fall into when I insist that any concept, or non-concept, of God trumps yours. A man once told me that my concept of a Higher Power ought to grow as I grow spirituality. I have found that to be the best advice I have ever received regarding an all-inclusiveness that continues to inspire and light my path.



geo, 4,555

No comments:

Post a Comment