Friday, December 16, 2011

The Mountain Stream becomes a River that Empties into the Ocean of Grace


I sit and I think, “Why am I doing all this? It can’t simply be just about sobriety. What do I do now that I am sober?” For alcoholics or addicts our niche is working with other alcoholics and that seems to be enough for most of us; but, there is a higher aspiration and it is the aspirations of all the ascended masters from Buddha through Christ and beyond. That end is to transcend suffering, removing it from the equation of life and death. We come to get sober and find so much more. We come for one ounce of soothing balm and stumble into a river of it; and thus, finding the truth in the notion that we give away what we discover as we bathe in the mountain stream of grace so freely revealed to us.


geo, 4,567

No comments:

Post a Comment