Friday, December 23, 2011

When Trapped in a Sewer: Take the First Step on the Ladder Out


When I first awoke to my addictions, I wasn’t ready to have more guilt piled onto of the already tremendous burden of my past indulgences. In fact, (besides a probable genetic predisposition to overdo everything) I was aware of my  failures, faults and shortcomings, so well that they were certainly one of the many reasons I was driven in the direction I took. After all, I had enough people pointing out the errors of my ways. I am thankful that my guides were patient with me and allowed me to inventory my life after I had a thorough understanding of what surrender to a Higher Self meant. So many people go back to old habits and addictions, I think, because guilt is forced on them before they grasp what surrender ought to reveal about their own resistance to it. I was still close enough to my bottom that I knew I had to climb out of that sewer and did not have to be forced out of it by anyone. Furthermore, I did not wish to become another religious nut. The world already has plenty of that kind of hypocrisy.



geo, 4,573

No comments:

Post a Comment