Friday, December 9, 2011

God as a Cosmic Santa Clause


I know people who pray for parking spaces. That is okay as far as I'm concerned but for me it as a childish idea. What is my concept of a Power greater than myself if I believe I can use God as a cosmic Santa Clause that grants my wishes if I’m good enough? Uh-huh, is God checking a list to see who is naughty or nice? By the same token is it not a little absurd to add, “If it be Thy will?” Trust me on this one; it isn’t going to happen if the outcome isn’t in the mix. What kind of limitations would I be putting on a Higher Power if I don’t reason that an omniscient deity would not know already what is my heart’s desire.

One might ask; then, what use is prayer if we can’t ask God for anything? That is a legitimate question and the only reasonable answer seems to me to be that the best use of prayer is to tune my soul to the Heart of Compassion. Isn't that better than to be granted favors? It is amazing how well this works when I do this with this elevated intention. Healing happens in this attitude of piety created by humility. True humility is the recognition of who I am and my position within the reality of my life in relationship with the people I connect with.


Geo, 4,560

No comments:

Post a Comment