Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Relationships with Other People and Isolation


No matter how long I’ve been around, I still go through periods where I want to isolate and don’t want to be around other people. I don't go insane or get into any destructive behaviors. I don't vegetate in front of the TV or cram my face with creme puffs... nor am I tempted to run to the liquor store; however, I have found that separation from other people is not entirely a negative thing. In fact, if I use that space creatively, the relationship I have with my innermost being is magnified for the good and the bad. But I’ve learned that such periods of doubt and depression ought to be cut short if nothing positive comes of them. These periods ought to improve my relationships with other people as well as with God because these are interrelated.


 geo, 4,577

No comments:

Post a Comment