Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Renewed Enthusiasm for Service


I can admit that there are times when I am so depressed or caught up in my own desires and ambitions that the last thing on my mind is the safety and welfare of my fellow human beings. These are times when I am drawn to isolation and I certainly don’t wish to be involved in helping anyone but myself. I find periods such as these to be profoundly productive and not the negative experience we are warned of. This can be so because my relationship with an innermost resource runs deeply and is not so easily undermined. Contrarily, I have found that these experiences have spotlighted the need to reevaluate where I am and what I’m doing. I can use these periods as springboards back into a renewed enthusiasm for service.

No comments:

Post a Comment