Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My practice keeps the wild dogs at bay


Sometimes I wonder why I am doing all of this spiritual-goody-two-shoes business. Really, am I a saint? What is this all about? However, I have developed and certain amount of consistency in my practice that keeps the wolf from the door. At heart I know I am more inclined to go after my own business and forsake this Bodhisattva crap. Really, I am serious. Why bother… we all end up under the same shovel of dirt anyway? 

But my practice keeps my wild dogs at bay. I sit every morning and allow my inner-self to percolate into an acceptable brew (I am aware that this is a pre-Mr. Coffee metaphor but allowing it, the inner-self, to drip doesn't fit). Somehow the power of what we call God transcends the selfishness of my desires.


Geo, 4,578

No comments:

Post a Comment