Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Uninhibited, Naked Ease


Tuesday, December 20, 2011:

GLIMPSE AFTER GLIMPSE[1]
Uninhibited, Naked Ease

Remaining in the clarity and confidence of Rigpa[2] allows all your thoughts and emotions to liberate naturally and effortlessly within its vast expanse, like writing on water, or painting in the sky. If you truly perfect this practice, karma has no chance to be accumulated, and in this state of aimless, carefree abandon, what Dudjom Rinpoche calls “uninhibited, naked ease,” the karma law of cause and effect can no longer bind you in any way.

<< << <<   >> >> >>

[3]Authors such as Baudelaire and Rimbaud paved the way for Neal Cassady, the hero of Kerouac’s, On The Road. He exemplified what a free spirit ought to look like. Manners, responsibility and morals were mere social conventions… roadblocks to freedom. But, in reality, I was too timid to actually follow through with this nihilist philosophy. I saw that doing whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, was the best way to liberate my intuitions. Other people kept coming into that equation and I had to modify this notion because, as I went about doing as I pleased, I found that my actions caused unacknowledged harm to people I cared about. I’d overlooked the children my hero, Neal Cassady, abandoned; the women he left holding empty purses, and that he eventually overdosed, alone in Mexico on speed. This did not tarnish that so-called liberated image I held onto for myself.

However; tapping into the inner resource and truly liberating my intuitions, turned out to be the most exiting and adventurous discovery of my life. The “uninhibited, naked ease” of “painting in the sky… writing on water” arose from the depths of introspection, discipline and fellowship, the dharma and Sangha, of connecting with the universal and dynamic Self.       


[1] Glimpse after Glimpse, Sogyal Rinpoche
[2] Rigpa is often translated into English as “knowledge”. The teachings of Sogyal Rinpoche uses the term as the view, path and the fruit of the path unified. It is also the name of Sogyal Rinpoche’s organization.
[3] geo, 4,570

No comments:

Post a Comment