Tuesday, January 3, 2012

We are all Bozo's on this bus!


As I become acquainted with more of my fellow human beings, I made aware of the wide variety of mental and physical challenges those among us face in their day-to-day affairs. Once I understand this, my perspective is broadened and I arrive at a better tolerance of my own troubles. Being able to embrace my own difficulties, and to transcend them, has been the greatest boon to my spiritual growth. Much like alcoholism or drug addiction, these challenges have been a great source of strength, compelling me to diligence on the spiritual path. Or simply, as one AA puts it, “If I weren’t such a fuck-up, what would I need God for?” Or, better yet, to quote the Firesign Theater, "We are all Bozo's on this bus!" And to pretend otherwise is not a folly exclusive to politicians and preachers. 


geo, 4,584

No comments:

Post a Comment