Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My Center is Connected to Yours....


“A man who has learned but little, grows old like an ox; His flesh increases, but his wisdom, not.”
  DHAMMAPADA, 152
365 BUDDHA, January 10th 

I thought myself as thick-headed because finding the truth has been a lifelong quest: a whole bunch of hit and miss. Academics were fine… and, admittedly, I wasn’t the best student. I never did make the dean’s list… but I found the doors to a world of knowledge opened to me. In spite of the wonder of it all, I felt all along that others were given the play-book for a game of Calvin Ball and I was left in the dark. I had abandoned whatever compass that might have helped me through the fog and was left entirely to my own devices. In that darkness I found a guiding light; the primary principle from which all knowledge flows. I tapped into the center of my heart with one simple act of humility that I could have never found had I not been lost. What is more important than that is that my center is connected to yours in as many ways as there are stars in the universe. If that isn't a wonder... what is?

When I find myself confused… when there seems to be no meaning… when I find all that I my crutches have been a flimsy reed…I go back to this humility.



geo, 4,589

No comments:

Post a Comment