Friday, January 6, 2012

Self-pity & Entitlement


One of the worst aspects of self-pity is the sense of entitlement it gives me. Because of this or that, the world owes me something that is withheld for one reason or another, and this keeps me from exploring all the possibilities available if I were to look for them instead of wallowing in self-pity. Unreasonable demands are one thing but downright criminal behavior can be the result of expectations unmet. Gratitude lifts my spirit out of the morass of self-pity and creates an aura of confidence and compassion that can overcome whatever is holding me back. Dropping my demands of God and of my fellow human beings opens doors that seemed shut to me as I become more generous with what I have been given.


geo 4,587

No comments:

Post a Comment