Wednesday, January 4, 2012

If God Exists, then it is up to God to provide the proof...


My loss of faith certainly was not based on my material success as much as it was just plain indifference. Would it be too far a stretch to say that the life of faith simply seemed silly to me? It is said that atheism proclaims that there is no proof of God but, it is my contention that, any “proof” of these sorts are as inane as proofs to the contrary. It just didn’t matter one way or another to me because I believed that the Universe could be described, from the big Bang on, adequately without fantastic explanations. To tell the truth, I still believe that, and furthermore, I believe God believes that.

The Tao of physics doesn’t require that I take on any burdensome proofs or circular reasoning. My contention is that, if God exists, then it is up to God to provide the proof… should that really be necessary. My part is to apply certain principles, time worn and true, to my life in such a way as to display the proofs in my heart. Had I not hit bottom I would have no reason to believe that either. 


geo, 4,585

No comments:

Post a Comment