Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy Leap Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


What of the majority on the planet who are not addicts or alcoholics? Do they need to trust and rely on a Higher Power to the extremes that we do? Do they too need to hit an emotional/spiritual bottom to surrender to whatever God’s will means to them in their lives? Or do they have such a balance in their lives; so in tune with the cosmos that there is no need to go to the lengths we had to go to get sober? In my  open and very public blog site, Daily Meds, I try to keep my spiritual affiliation anonymous and, therefore, I am challenged to speak in universal terms outside of my fellowship. It is difficult to even speak in terms of this acceptance to those who have never been driven to the place of desperation I had to be immersed in enough to compel me towards this spiritual path.

I do understand that it doesn’t matter to me what others have to do with their lives. In fact, it is none of my business what forms of spiritual discipline  they find helpful (or none at all for all that matters). I just know that our common humanity calls for a degree of selflessness towards each other… that of a mother or father towards their children… or a brother or a sister for each other... to get along for another new year. My we all find peace and good will in the 366 days ahead... yes, this Leap Year!


geo, 4,582

No comments:

Post a Comment