Monday, January 16, 2012


There is so very little I can do to convince anyone to want to live… and to live life more fully. Most will flat out tell me to mind my own business even though they might be on their last legs in the throws of alcoholism or drug addiction,. Furthermore, they would be absolutely right to tell me to do so. Even my example is of little value along these lines. After all, who am I to presume I have anything better than they? I can simply compare within my own heart what I have now with what I had before. This takes a certain amount of honesty and humility because, if I am honest about myself, I would rather tell others how to behave and excuse myself from the same critique. I find this character trait of mine to border on the absurd in its hilarity and, when I pause from laughing at myself, I thank a Power greater than myself for the life I enjoy today. Being useful, offering a helping hand, going to any lengths to be a friend to the friendless: this is the source, the fountain of joy that surpasses any moralistic pontifying on my part.


geo, 4,595

No comments:

Post a Comment