Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Humility Allows Me to Accept


An A.A. business meeting can be disconcerting to those who are used to, and expect, order. I am one of those who were adamant about Robert’s Rules of Order. I don’t recommend business meeting for newcomers who are like me concerning procedure. I don’t really know the Rules of Order but I relied on those who did, when I was involved in politics, way back at another time in my life.  Though there is a certain amount of structure to A.A. meetings, and even our business meetings, there can erupt some disturbing and inappropriate interruptions because of who we are. Today, I find humor in such meetings and relax a little due to the love and tolerance, through osmosis, that infiltrated my heart. There are rarely the kinds of people among us who know or care about rules of any kind, let alone the Rules of Order. Humility allows me to accept, with tremendous love that we are here at all, trying to make this fellowship work.


geo, 4,655

2 comments: