Friday, March 16, 2012

Motivations Towards Compassion


The Heart of Compassion
I am afraid of becoming egoless. Face it, my reality is based on ego-centric motivations. The very idea of submitting my desires to that of a greater identity is terrifying to me. The very idea that this prospect is terrifying to me is the greatest proof I have of the existence of, not only a power greater than myself operating here, but this fear also leaves a footprint of my own spirit that is the object of the ego’s manipulations. I don’t believe that there are people so bereft of morality and spiritual qualities that they have not acted selflessly at one time or another. This too confirms that some sort of DNA is functioning in my desire to act when I reach out to someone who is suffering. The fact is, in spite of the manipulations of ego; the seven deadly sins of pride, greed, lust, anger, gluttony, envy, and sloth, our spirit has a natural inclination towards union with the motivations of a compassion that transcends all that nonsense.


geo, 4,644

No comments:

Post a Comment