Thursday, March 8, 2012

Lets Go Dance


I can fellowship with anyone, whether or not they believe in God, because I know that one can live a perfectly spiritually motivated life without any concept of deity at all. Buddhists of certain disciplines get by quite well without one and so do existentialists in the West: notably; Jean Paul Sartre. My own spiritual enrichment comes essentially from these traditions and I too would not believe in a personal cosmic intelligence were it not for the experience I have had on several occasions where I was touched by the sublime. I believe that it is possible to have similar awakenings no matter what we believe. I understand that some of us have a need for a vision of the Christ or another equally powerful deity for this awakening to occur. Our problems with religions often arise from the insistence that my experience ought to be yours. When we refer to a Higher Power that is greater than ourselves, we open ourselves up to a transcendence that is difficult to explain to others who have not experienced it and that is okay with me. The possibility could possibly be that there are some of us who don’t need one. My God is a dance that created and loves us all and this dance is confirmed by the rhythms of the beat of my heart and the spirals that reveal this cosmic dance from the galaxies to the arrangement of molecules in our DNA.


geo, 4,636

No comments:

Post a Comment