Saturday, March 31, 2012

Laughter Touches the Power Within


"Jesus was a sailor..."
Thank you Lenny

Today I sit in peace with myself and am amazed at how I got here. There are times the ego creeps in and expressions of fear and isolation evoke emotions like of anger, doubt and depression. The Spirit of Divine Wisdom tells me that these emotions separate me from my fellows along with the Spirit of Compassion. Thankfully, these times are brief and pass as the foolishness of my situation bubbles up and a heartfelt laugh arises from my gut. My first sponsor stopped me once when I got upset over someone else's behavior saying, “There goes God again.” As we laughed the intensity of the disturbance dissipated and the Spirit of Compassion replaced those ugly feelings with the wisdom of joy and hope that touched Power within us all. I don't have to go very far to find such humor because I have a mirror that can be used to get a glance at my favorite clown.

geo, 4,658

No comments:

Post a Comment