Friday, March 23, 2012

You Will Know the Truth...


A lightness of being is one of the first fruits of my spiritual renewal. Morality and concord with my fellows followed with practice. I try to stay within the protective embrace of the Spirit of Compassion, not because I have become morally superior to others, but, because this is where I find the energy to live a life free of a horrible oppression. The Carpenter promised two-thousand years ago, “You will know the truth and the truth will set you free.” The truth I had to accept was that I was powerless over a life that had careened out of control and needed something or someone that could relieve me of my obsessions. Thus, I cried out to what some of us call God. Since then I have found a new Spirit that guides me through the maze that had become the self-centered flim-flams obstructing a fulfilling life beyond any rational comprehension. Please don't mistake my words, reason serves me well, but, sometimes it takes something that transcends reason for a path that is so extraordinary that it exceeds my best thinking.


geo, 4,651

No comments:

Post a Comment