Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Heart of Compassion and Religion


Feb. 1st 1969 - Mar. 1st 2012

Some call it God and some call it Good. It really doesn’t matter. If I submerge my heart into the Heart of Compassion, I find a confidence and grace that takes me places I would not have ventured of my own will. Isn’t this what we all seek in our practice or religion? Among my fellowship I can diligently practice loving kindness with the support of the group. When I walk away from that sanctuary I am better able to put this amazing grace into action. For all the faults of religion, and there are many, it binds us together in a community in a world that is always devising ways to further alienate us from each other. I embrace the sanga, the churches, the ashrams, dojos, facebook etc. for the venue to bring us together in this same unity of spirit.

And, even though I might evoke some vitriol by acknowledging the passing of Andrew Breitbart today, I respected and honored his opinions as honest evaluations of current affairs. Andrew Breitbard created  the Huffington Post web site. After being barred from hiring those with opinions from the right, he founded the Drudge Report. He made me laugh as he divulged the hypocrisy of knee-jerk liberals as well as exposing right-wing foibles of folks like Newt Gingrich.



Geo, 4,630

No comments:

Post a Comment