Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Multi-Dimensional Realm of the Spirit


When I rise from morning meditation I can forget the spaciousness of mind and detachment from things that results from the insight of compassion as soon as I tuck away my pillow. It is a common condition that I oughtn’t be ashamed of but, if I am honest about myself, I can admit it and reconnect with the wisdom of serenity at any time throughout the day. Even by the time I finish breakfast, or shave and shower, I can return to the state of mind that will abide with me. After all, this connection with the Heart of Compassion is what morning meditation does for me. Instead of awakening with the troubles of the day ahead I am grounded in the moment where there is no doubt and struggle. In a flash, when I am troubled, I can take my mind back to those precious moments in which my day began. Meditation isn’t an exotic practice limited to a temple or church (or my morning cushion). It is a portable and practical tool for balance and perception I can take anywhere by pausing and taking a few deep breaths out of the hum-drum two-dimensional flat earth reality into the multi-dimensional realm of the Spirit.


geo, 4,682

No comments:

Post a Comment