Friday, April 6, 2012

Thy Will, Not Mine


When we say: “Thy will, not mine, be done,” aren't we stating the obvious if our concept of God is omniscient, omnipotent and is the Heart of Compassion?Yes, but, what happens as I say this perfect evocation, is an almost automatic transcendence from my personal desires and a submission to a higher will. I come to understand that there is suffering that calls for compassion and that compassion can take form in so many ways that I can’t understand from my own limited perspective.
Why then should I pray for others at all? After all, if I am in the dark isn’t it a waste of time to ask God for anything? The answer is simple: compassion. Caring about those who suffer from and in; tyranny and war, hospitals, mental wards, unimaginable, catastrophe, prisons, poverty, prisoners of conscience and children who’ve been abandoned, betrayed, abused and even murdered, takes me out of self before I meditate. Then, when my consciousness rises to that of the Heart of Compassion, my vision improves to the extent that universality grants my heart the direction to act accordingly.



geo, 4,664

No comments:

Post a Comment