Sunday, April 8, 2012




Resurrect The Christ in Me Today
 Today is the day that Christians celebrate the Resurrection of the Christ. I can say that, for me, the Resurrection holds a message that transcends Christ bodily rising from the grave. Beyond that concept is the idea of redemption. The idea of divine intervention, the dispensation of redemption and the miracle of it, must be the greatest difference between Christianity and the other religions or spiritual disciplines. I practice Tibetan Buddhism but this is only the path I use as a spiritual tool. It was the Spirit of Compassion and not my practice that relieved me of my alcoholism. The works I do  from there (the dharma of my practice) is my responsibility; but, I can’t do so without the Spirit of Recovery that opened the door to the Heart of Compassion for my rejuvenation.

*****

This is my most beloved passage from the text, Alcoholics Anonymous (p. 164): it radiates Hope.

Abandon yourself to God as you understand God. Admit your faults to God and to your fellows. Clear away the wreckage of your past. Give freely of what you find and join us. We shall be with you in the fellowship of the spirit, and you will surely meet some of us as you trudge the road of happy destiny.

God bless you and keep you --- until then.

geo, 4,666


No comments:

Post a Comment