Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Namaste


I've always wondered at the scripture quoted and shouted from pulpits by preachers, whose fingers always pointed directly at me exuding the fiery smoke of sulfur from the pits of hell, proclaiming: “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,” until it was noted by a friend that I could replace fear with respect or awe. It has a completely different ring to it and is far more acceptable when I do that. Besides, I resent any effort to make me bow, trembling before the very Spirit of Compassion that is my hope for salvation. Once I have made my amends with that Spirit within, I am no longer at war with what we call our God. Does this mean I lack humility and am too proud to bend? Perhaps it can be seen that way; however, I believe that my best attitude is to see myself as a participator with a loving parent rather than a subject of a celestial monarch. Do I always feel this way? Certainly not: however, just like a kid who has dented a fender... or far worse, I do bend when I cry out for forgiveness. The rest of the time I am in fellowship with God as a loving spirit and only bow to acknowledge our union with my fellow human beings saying; Namaste.


[1] geo, 4,675

No comments:

Post a Comment